- Chaconne (1984): Animato ma con umore
- Sonata No. 2 (1974): Allegro fuoco
- Sonata No. 2 (1974): Più mosso, ma non tanto
- Sonata No. 3 (1974): Comodo e sereno
- Sonata No. 3 (1974): Meno mosso, tempo rubato
- Sonata No. 4 (1974): Allegro ardito
- Sonata No. 4 (1974): L'istesso tempo, addolcendo
- Sonata No. 1 (1962): Molto sostenuto. Vigoroso
- Sonata No. 1 (1962): Tempo rubato quasi largo
- Sonata No. 5 (1992): Tempo improvviso e mutevole, straziante
- Sonata No. 5 (1992): Lo stesso tempo, gridando
"The Piano Music" Vol. 1
Iskra Mantscheva: piano
Volume 1 of the piano music of Dimiter Christoff includes the Bulgarian composer’s first five Piano Sonates, written between 1962 and 1993, and his Chaconne or Ciacona for piano solo, written in 1984, all performed by the outstanding Bulgarian artist Iskra
Volume 2 of the piano music of Dimiter Christoff includes his Piano Sonatas Nos. 6-8, as well as his Toccata and the group of seven short pieces entitled Rain Hoods…After The Storm, all written between 1992 and 1994, and all performed by the brilliant young Bulgarian artist Nadejda Vlaeva.
Christoff, one of the most important composers of piano music to emerge in recent years, has created a series of highly original and distinctive pieces for the medium with a series of two-movement piano sonatas and stand-alone solos in classical forms that have been decribed as a contemporary cross between Scarlatti, Bartok and Liszt with a little Prokoviev, Chopin and Tchaikovsky thrown in.
"Christoff's music conveys a compacted and sincere emotional heft."
– Peter Burwasser, Fanfare Magazine
© 2016 Labor Records. All rights reserved.